The Office Manager is responsible for the short and long-term tactical management and strategic planning for the various existing office systems and provide administrative support to all business leaders in the Corporate Offices. Major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: digital administration, office administration, vendor/project management, compliance, information technology management, customer service. Works closely with the Vice President of Human Resources & Risk Management in implementing, achieving and maintaining the hotel’s objectives regarding innovation of paperless solutions and risk management reporting and yearly corporate objectives to increase year to year revenue.
Digital Administration/Office Administration:
• Oversee and support all corporate day to day office manager operations from Corporate to the Hotel Operations
• Manages the office supply ordering and works with hotel Business Managers/Operations Manager on their monthly ordering to ensure budgetary needs.
• Communicates and supports Executive Team and Business Unit leaders in tasks to keep them efficient with their administrative duties if needed.
• Enforce department standard operating procedures through paperless method and trains as needed on those procedures.
• Assist with Human Resources in on-boarding new associates in Corporate and Hotel Operations
• Manages the general phone and reception support which includes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintain general condition of the office operations and procedures
• Communicates with Office Building Management on the special needs of the office and oversees communications from the general office to announcements made to the hotel operations
Vendor Management/Project Management:
• Oversees and manages contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers in the main office.
• Manages the office budget and ensure accurate and timely reporting to Vice President of Human Resources and Risk Management on monthly expenditures.
• Special Office/Human Resources/Risk Management related projects will be worked on as needed by Vice President of Human Resources and Risk Management. This includes projects that the Assistant Director of Human Resources requires assistance
Compliance, Customer Service, and Information Technology:
• Manages existing third-party information technology vendor to ensure office systems are run optimally with minimal down time and to include any innovation strategies.
• Responsible for working with each department leader in the pursuit of compliant paperless systems
• Partners with Marketing/Sales for support on web site design
• Defines and supports compliant processes, standards, and procedures for the department and generates new ideas and improvements for work efficiencies and paperless solutions.
• Assist with the Investigation and respond to guest complaints and ensure that the process resolves guest dissatisfaction with the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources & Risk Management.
• Partners with property managers to resolve guest service problems by clarifying the guest’s complaint; determining the cause of the complaint; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the complaint; expediting correction or adjustment; following with
managers to ensure resolution. Guidance from the Vice President of Human Resources and Risk Management is required.
Regular attendance in conformance with Company standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the business. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Good Nite Inn Management, Inc. rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the company’s facilities. Employees who violate Company rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and the ability to:
• Work independently with minimal direction, addressing the critical priorities and making regular progress toward the necessary results. Achieve results through others.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with all employees and other companies aligned with GNI
• Analyze a problem and reach sound conclusions in an expedited manner.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Physical and Mental Demands
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to manipulate or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Tasks require reaching with hands and arms, and lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to travel for training and local sales calls.
• Able to handle emergencies and challenging situations in a calm and efficient manner. Able to calculate sales, expense, and profit projections.
Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing effectively with guests, vendors, and associates in a timely matter with a 24-hour response either through email or phone. Must read, write, and speak the English language fluently. Must be bilingual. (English / Spanish)
• Very Strong Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) skills and use of computer software and systems aimed at increasing efficiencies
Leadership Skills and Characteristics
• Goal- oriented with a desire for professional growth, self-starter, organized, efficient in time management, motivated with high energy for a multi-task position, at ease in interactions with guests and people in the community.
• Bachelor’s degree highly preferred with an emphasis in Business Management and Information Technology.
• At least (5) or more years of extensive office management in a service-based industry working for corporate with an information technology background. Hotel operations management experience preferred.
Licenses or Certificates
None at this time
All employees must maintain a neat, professional, clean and well-groomed appearance.