a) Knowledge, Skills and General Abilities
- Knowledge of basic accounting, business development, and operation of personal computer.
- Ability to professionally represent GNI in all interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of employees and general public.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a business operation.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal).
- Ability to perform several projects and/or tasks concurrently.
b) Physical Abilities – May be required to:
- Inspect rooms throughout the property.
- Support or back-up employees as required.
c) Mental Abilities – Must be able to:
- Analyze a problem, reach sound conclusions, and act without delay.
- Ask questions that will bring forth the information needed to make a sound decision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Shift priorities readily.
- Perform multiple cognitive tasks simultaneously.
- Receive negative and emotion-laden feedback calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
- Work independently, making regular progress toward achieving goals by agreed upon deadlines.
- Influence others.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with guests, employees, contractors and vendors.
*Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the business. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Previous Front Desk Supervisor experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.