a) Knowledge, Skills and General Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to communicate verbally and in writing, in English and/or Spanish.
- Demonstrate ability to perform work requiring effectiveness in personal transactions both face to face and on the phone.
b) Physical Abilities – May be required to:
- Stand and walk for long periods during work time.
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push up to 100 lbs.
- Perform maintenance duties that require bending, reaching, and a dexterous use of the limbs.
- Read the computer screen.
- Communicate on the telephone.
- Take notes and messages.
c) Mental Abilities – Must be able to:
- Ask questions that will bring forth information needed to make a sound decision.
- Communicate concisely and understandably.
- Shift tasks readily.
- Quickly assess the circumstances surrounding a situation and immediately make decisions.
- Perform multiple cognitive tasks simultaneously.
- Receive negative and emotion-laden feedback calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
- Work independently, with little or no direction from or consultation with Manager/Assistant Manager; and maintain a high degree of productivity, friendliness, and accuracy.
*Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the business. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Previous Maintenance Engineer experience an asset.
- Requires a minimum of 1-3 years of supervisory experience of (1-2) employees.
- Strong technical skills in HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, drywall, and bathroom floor/shower tile.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.