- Knowledge, Skills and General Abilities
- Demonstrate ability to establish warm and friendly relationships with guests.
- Demonstrate ability to perform work requiring effectiveness in personal transactions both face to face and on the phone.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively and repeatedly perform precise clerical and cashier functions with high degree of accuracy.
2. Physical Abilities – May be required to:
- Stand for long stretches during work time.
- Quickly operate a computer terminal keyboard and a multiple-line telephone console simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
- Read the computer screen.
- Communicate on the telephone.
- Take notes and messages.
3. Mental Abilities – Must be able to:
- Ask questions that will bring forth information needed to make a sound decision.
- Communicate concisely and understandably.
- Shift tasks readily.
- Quickly assess the circumstances surrounding a situation and immediately make decisions.
- Perform multiple cognitive tasks simultaneously.
- Receive negative and emotion-laden feedback calmly, without reacting negatively or emotionally.
- Work independently, with little or no direction from or consultation with Manager/Assistant Manager; and maintain a high degree of productivity, friendliness, and accuracy.
*Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the business. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Previous Guest Services experience an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.